DosLynx Changes starting from version 0.8a
Known problems: (all from original 0.8a)
* Loading a local file that has no extention tries to resave it
immediately. And Don't try to resave a locally loaded
page with Alt-S since things become nasty.
* Window bug. Don't open more then 10 windows!
* Formatting tags aren't nestable. We can still get a passable
view in most cases.
* No Lynx ISMAP 0,0 support.
* No reload
* No forms support
* Fake < problem. (< rather than <)
* URL in the window top bar sometimes looses the last char.
Changes from DosLynx 0.8a to 0.9a
* Made the title into the current URL and put the title as the first
thing inside the document. Maybe I should reverse that...
* Made the mailer send X-mailer: and converted static
references to look at the version variables instead.
* Made the about box also show the version variables. Now I only
have to change one thing to change the version number.
* Small cheat to make (sortof) nested 's semi-pretty...maybe ;-)
Changes from DosLynx 0.12a to 0.13a
* Fixed bugs in the title and LI support I added. 12A pulled (OOPS!)
* Working on semi-pretty support for tables. Not tables support,
but support to make tables pages less ugly. Not bad except
when people cut up lines
* Fixed stupid bug in redirect (man, last week must have really been
a brainless one for me *sigh*)
* client side imagemap support thrown together.
* Tried to create a better system for colapsable newlines and spaces.
Sites used for testing "interesting" html:
Changes from DosLynx 0.13a to 0.14a
* Changed Send Mail window so that the To: field is editable and
created a menu option. These features are not fixed
in stone as currently implemented (suggestions welcome).
You need to tab down from the To: field so it doesn't
* Tried changing local port to be above 2000 to fix the hanging server
problem per a user suggestion. Didn't work. Changed
rolling local port loop to use existing MIN_TCP_PORT and
MAX_TCP_PORT variables (1024-5999).
* Erick Engelke (creator of WATTCP) fixed my problem with certain
servers hanging by pointing out the obvious, . Keep the
MSS low in doslynx.cfg! Somewhere between 512 and 128.
* Sneaky hack to allow access to last hotlist link...
* Evil hack to show real server errors for "document not found"
* Just a little more formatting tweaking. Fixed bug in HTML_TD.
* Little adjustment to try and make last link on page accessable with
keyboard. Relies on which hotlink.htm doesn't
have, but most web pages should.
* Added SGML entity parsing to ALT="" tags (©...)
* Added support to end anchors as a result of table elements
* Added ability to leave off http:// in the Open URL window (F3)
* Changed TITLE code to ignore (may need to add
ignore for " " \n \r \l later)
* Fixed sgml(html?) comment handling (I hope :) to deal with current
use in html.
* Added and Made those and hard spaces. I
think they should collapse for our text browser...
* Fixed locked scrollbar after download using the same hack as
resize. Has the annoying habbit of flashing the message
window at you (so does resize).
* Added ability to select any frame url's found in a document
* Fixed the big heap corruption bug I was looking for that happened
sometime after a network timeout! (DosLynx beta ?!)
Changes from DosLynx 0.14a to 0.15a
* Fixed bug in mailer (oops)
* Added entity support to title.
* Reversed comment handling fix. It was more desirable to see garbage
than to not see some pages or part of pages.
* Added emdash, endash, mdash, ndash.
* Added /U (Unclutter) which shows only tcp activity and message
window (with different rules). This is related to /B.
* Fixed death bug in news module.
* Reformatted news output for new HTML formatting.
* Fixed news "stuff." Articles were being referenced by int's which
only go up to 32768. They go MUCH higher.
* Worked on Reload...failed :-(
Changes from DosLynx 0.15a to 0.16a
* Fixed problem with trailing slash on ftp urls.
* Added Connecting message to the mail function so people are
aware that something really is happening.
* Added (for now) code to ignore